Liminal Fiction Prize longlist announced
Liminal magazine has announced the longlist for the inaugural Liminal Fiction Prize.
The longlisted authors and their works are:
- Bryant Apolonio, for ‘Bad Weather’
- Kasumi Borczyk, for ‘Cheese Me Please’
- Claire Cao, for ‘See You Tomorrow’
- Claire G Coleman, for ‘Wish You Were’
- Elizabeth Flux, for ‘The Voyeur’
- Jason Gray, for ‘Couchsurfer’
- Eda Gunaydin, for ‘öz’
- Naima Ibrahim, for ‘Auburn Heights’
- C B Mako, for ‘West of the Sun and Sea’
- Sumudu Samarawickrama, for ‘Nectarine’
- Mykaela Saunders, for ‘Terranora’
- Bobuq Sayed, for ‘The Revolution Will Be Pirated’
- Victor Senthinathan, for ‘Suburban Graveyard’
- Misbah Wolf, for ‘Her Hands’
- Hannah Wu, for ‘Dried up in Aralkum’
- Jessica Zhan Mei Yu, for ‘Tongue’.
The winner will receive $2500 and publication in The Lifted Brow, with one runner-up receiving a $500 prize. The longlisted works will also be published in an anthology by Brow Books in 2020.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, the Liminal Fiction Prize seeks to ‘promote fiction by writers whose voices are often ignored or elided’. It was open to short fiction of 5000 words or less, on the theme ‘the future’.
For more information, visit the Liminal website here.