Colin Roderick Award 2019 longlist announced
The longlist for this year’s Colin Roderick Award, administered by the Foundation for Australian Literary Studies at James Cook University, has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Sun Music: New & Selected Poems (Judith Beveridge, Giramondo)
- No Friend but the Mountains: Writing from Manus Prison (Behrouz Boochani, Picador)
- Staying: A Memoir (Jessie Cole, Text)
- Boy Swallows Universe (Trent Dalton, HarperCollins)
- The True Colour of the Sea (Robert Drewe, Hamish Hamilton)
- The Lost Man (Jane Harper, Macmillan)
- Butterfly on a Pin (Alannah Hill, Hardie Grant)
- The Death of Noah Glass (Gail Jones, Text)
- Wintering (Krissy Kneen, Text)
- The Dead Still Cry Out: The Story of a Combat Cameraman (Helen Lewis, Text)
- Too Much Lip (Melissa Lucashenko, UQP)
- The Biographer’s Lover (Ruby Murray, Black Inc.)
- Simply Ing (Helen Nellie and Margaret O’Brien, Magabala)
- Spinifex & Sunflowers (Avan Judd Stallard, Fremantle Press)
- Dinner with the Dissidents (John Tesarsch, Affirm).
The $20,000 award is presented to the title the judges determine is ‘the best book that is published in Australia in the previous calendar year, which deals with any aspect of Australian life’.
The winner, who will be announced later in the year, will also receive the silver H T Priestley Memorial Medal.
For more information, visit the website here.