Dymocks Subiaco wins top award at Dymocks conference for second year running
Dymocks Subiaco in Perth has won its second consecutive Chairman’s Award for Retail Excellence, presented at the 2019 Dymocks national conference in Melbourne from 4-6 August.
Dymocks managing director Steve Cox praised owner Tim Thomas, who took over the business two years ago, and his staff for their ‘dedication to every aspect of the business, from excellence in sales, building relationships with suppliers, commitment to Dymocks Booklover program and offering the best customer experience possible’. ‘It has been fantastic to see Tim’s enthusiasm for the business remain steady throughout his second year of trade,’ said Cox, who also noted that the store dedication to growing the Booklover program and growing the store’s presence in the community through local author signings and events.
Penguin Random House was named publisher of the year, Lonely Planet was named specialist supplier of the year, and the book of the year went to Boy Swallows Universe (Trent Dalton, HarperCollins).
The other award winners were:
- Excellence in bookselling: Dymocks Chermside
- Excellence in visual merchandising: Dymocks Prahran
- Booklover Champions: Dymocks Tooronga
- Individual Excellence in Bookselling: Kelsey Robertson, Dymocks Belconnen
- Dymocks Children’s Charities Award for fundraising store of the year: Dymocks Sydney
- Excellence in advertising and marketing: Dymocks Bundaberg
- Excellence in non-book ranging: 234 Collins St (Dymocks Melbourne).
Over 150 franchise owners, staff and suppliers attended the awards ceremony and gala dinner on 6 August.
Category: Local news