Liminal Fiction Prize shortlist announced
Liminal magazine has announced the shortlist for the inaugural Liminal Fiction Prize.
The shortlisted authors and their works are:
- Bryant Apolonio, for ‘Bad Weather’
- Claire Cao, for ‘See You Tomorrow’
- Claire G Coleman, for ‘Wish You Were’
- Elizabeth Flux, for ‘The Voyeur’
- Mykaela Saunders, for ‘Terranora’
- Bobuq Sayed, for ‘The Revolution Will Be Pirated’.
The shortlist of six was chosen from a longlist of 16 works that are all due to be published in an anthology by Brow Books in 2020. The winner will receive $2500 and publication in The Lifted Brow, with one runner-up receiving a $500 prize.
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, the Liminal Fiction Prize seeks to ‘promote fiction by writers whose voices are often ignored or elided’. The inaugural prize was open to short fiction of 5000 words or less, on the theme ‘the future’.
For more information, visit the Liminal website here.
Category: Local news