Environment Award for Children’s Literature 2019 shortlist announced
The Wilderness Society has announced the shortlist for the 2019 Environment Award for Children’s Literature.
The shortlisted books in each category are:
- More and More and More (Ian Mutch, Fremantle Press)
- The All New Must Have Orange 430 (Michael Speechley, Viking)
- When Water Lost Her Way (Meg Humphrys, Circles Publishing)
- The Great Lizard Trek (Felicity Bradshaw, illus by Norma MacDonald, CSIRO Publishing)
- Bouncing Back: An Eastern Barred Bandicoot story (Rohan Cleave, illus by by Coral Tulloch, CSIRO Publishing)
- Australian Birds (Matt Chun, Hardie Grant Egmont)
- My Australia (Julie Murphy, illus by Garry Fleming, NLA Publishing)
- Those Sugar-Barge Kids (Jon Tucker, Storm Bay Books)
- Off the Track (Cristy Burne, Fremantle Press)
- Maxi the Lifeguard: The Stormy Protest (Trent Maxwell & David Lawrence, illus by Peter Baldwin, Affirm Press).
The Environment Award for Children’s Literature is presented annually to fiction and nonfiction books that ‘foster a love of wild places and wildlife in young Australians’ and ‘encourage a sense of responsibility for our natural world’. For more information, click here.