Ned Kelly Awards 2019 shortlists announced
The Australian Crime Writers Association (ACWA) has announced the shortlists for this year’s Ned Kelly Awards for Australian crime writing.
The shortlisted works in each category are:
Best crime fiction
- Kill Shot: A Wyatt Thriller (Garry Disher, Text)
- Gone by Midnight (Candice Fox, Bantam)
- The Spotted Dog (Kerry Greenwood, A&U)
- The Lost Man (Jane Harper, Macmillan)
- The Other Wife (Michael Robotham, Hachette)
- Live and Let Fry (Sue Williams, Text)
Best true crime
- The Arsonist (Chloe Hooper, Hamish Hamilton)
- Eggshell Skull (Bri Lee, A&U)
- Siege: Inside the Lindt Cafe (Deborah Snow, A&U)
- Waiting for Elijah (Kate Wild, Scribe).
Best first fiction
- The Portrait of Molly Dean (Katherine Kovacic, Echo)
- The Ruin (Dervla McTiernan, HarperCollins)
- The Yellow House (Emily O’Grady, A&U)
- Greenlight (Ben Stevenson, Michael Joseph).
The winners will be announced on Friday, 6 September at the BAD Sydney Crime Writers Festival. View the titles that were longlisted for the award here.
For more information about the awards, visit the ACWA website here.