NZ Book Trade Industry Awards 2019 winners announced
The winners of the 2019 New Zealand Book Trade Industry Awards were announced in Auckland on 23 August.
The winners in each category are:
Bookshop of the year
- Unity Books, Auckland
Publisher of the year
- Penguin Random House NZ
Sales rep of the year
- Louise Crisp, South Island Rep, Penguin Random House NZ
Marketing strategy of the year
- Allen & Unwin NZ, for Magnolia Kitchen (Bernadette Gee)
Young publisher of the year
- Kimberley Davis, Allen & Unwin NZ
Young bookseller of the year
- Surinam Reddy, Time Out Bookstore
Book industry innovation award
- WORD Christchurch
Lifetime achievement award
- Rob and Kaye Clarke, Paper Plus Coastlands.
The annual awards are administered by Booksellers NZ. This year’s judges were NZ Arts Council chair Michael Moynahan, librarian Simie Simpson, and Australian Booksellers Association CEO Robbie Egan.
For more information, visit the Booksellers NZ website.
(Pictured: Kaye and Rob Clarke, Paper Plus Coastlands)