NSW Premier’s History Awards 2019 winners announced
The State Library of NSW (SLNSW) has announced the winners of the 2019 NSW Premier’s History Awards.
The winning works in each category are:
Australian History Prize ($15,000)
- The Bible in Australia: A cultural history (Meredith Lake, NewSouth)
General History Prize ($15,000)
- Sea People: The puzzle of Polynesia (Christina Thompson, HarperCollins)
NSW Regional and Community History Prize ($15,000)
- Callan Park: Hospital for the insane (Sarah Luke, Australian Scholarly Publishing)
Young People’s History Prize ($15,000)
- The Upside-down History of Down Under (Alison Lloyd, illus by Terry Denton, Penguin)
Digital History Prize ($15,000)
- The Killing Times (Lorena Allam, Nick Evershed et al, Guardian Australia).
Chosen from shortlists announced in August, the winners were announced at an event at SLNSW on 30 August, as part of NSW History Week.
For more information about the winners, and to read the judges’ comments, visit the SLNSW website.