Finalists announced for Queensland people’s choice award
The State Library of Queensland (SLQ) has announced the finalists for the People’s Choice Queensland Book of the Year Award.
The finalists are:
- Boy Swallows Universe (Trent Dalton, HarperCollins)
- Requiem with Yellow Butterflies: A memoir (James Halford, UWAP)
- Wintering (Krissy Kneen, Text)
- Too Much Lip (Melissa Lucashenko, UQP)
- Brisbane’s Greek Cafes: A million malted milks (Toni Risson, Teacup)
- Charles Ulm: The untold story of one of Australia’s greatest aviation pioneers (Rick Searle, A&U)
- Adani, Following its Dirty Footsteps: A personal story (Lindsay Simpson, Spinifex)
- Daughter of Bad Times (Rohan Wilson, A&U).
Judges selected finalists from Queensland Literary Awards (QLA) nominations in both the fiction and nonfiction book awards. Anyone can vote for the winner on the library website until 14 October 2019.
The full QLA shortlist will be announced on 30 September. The winner of the $10,000 people’s choice award will be announced at the QLA ceremony at SLQ on 12 November.