Giller Prize 2019 shortlist announced
In Canada, the shortlist for the C$100,000 (A$112,000) 2019 Giller Prize for the best Canadian fiction published in English has been announced.
The shortlisted novels are:
- Immigrant City (David Bezmozgis, HarperCollins)
- Small Game Hunting at the Local Coward Gun Club (Megan Gail Coles, House of Anansi)
- The Innocents (Michael Crummey, Doubleday Canada)
- Dual Citizens (Alix Ohlin, House of Anansi)
- Lampedusa (Steven Price, Picador)
- Reproduction (Ian Williams, Random House Canada).
The shortlist was chosen from a longlist of 12 titles that included Margaret Atwood’s The Testaments (Chatto & Windus). Now in its 26th year, the Giller Prize is the richest literary prize in Canada, with each finalist receiving C$10,000 (A$11,200).
The winner will be announced at a gala ceremony on 18 November, which will be broadcast live in Canada on CBC.
For more information about the prize, visit the website.