Voss Literary Prize 2019 longlist announced
The longlist for the 2019 Voss Literary Prize has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Flames (Robbie Arnott, Text)
- Book of Colours (Robyn Cadwallader, Fourth Estate)
- The Making of Martin Sparrow (Peter Cochrane, Viking)
- Boy Swallows Universe (Trent Dalton, Fourth Estate)
- The Death of Noah Glass (Gail Jones, Text)
- Coach Fitz (Tom Lee, Giramondo)
- Too Much Lip (Melissa Lucashenko, UQP)
- The Everlasting Sunday (Robert Lukins, UQP)
- Preservation (Jock Serong, Text)
- The Shepherd’s Hut (Tim Winton, Viking).
Launched in 2014, the Voss Literary Prize is awarded to the best novel published in Australia in the previous year, and is dedicated to the memory of historian Vivian Robert Le Vaux Voss.
The award is managed by the Australian University Heads of English, the peak body for the study of English at Australian universities. The winner of the 2018 prize was Bram Presser for his novel The Book of Dirt (Text).