Walkley Book Award 2019 longlist announced
The Walkley Book Award longlist for 2019 has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Rusted Off: Why country Australia is fed up (Gabrielle Chan, Vintage)
- Banking Bad (Adele Ferguson, ABC Books)
- The Hunt for MH370 (Ean Higgins, Macmillan)
- See What You Made Me Do (Jess Hill, Black Inc.)
- The Price of Fortune: The untold story of being James Packer (Damon Kitney, HarperCollins)
- Tiberius with a Telephone: The life and stories of William McMahon (Patrick Mullins, Scribe)
- Winx: The authorised biography (Andrew Rule, A&U)
- Any Ordinary Day (Leigh Sales, Hamish Hamilton)
- Blackout (Matthew Warren, Affirm Press).
The shortlist will be announced on 7 November and the winners will be announced at the Walkley Awards presentation on 28 November at ICC Ballroom in Sydney.
The Walkley Book Award recognises excellence in Australian nonfiction and long-form journalism.
To see the full list of Walkley Award finalists, see the website.