Winners announced for PM’s Literary Awards 2019
The winners of the 2019 Prime Minister’s Literary Awards have been announced.
The winning titles in each category are:
- The Death of Noah Glass (Gail Jones, Text)
- Half the Perfect World: Writers, dreamers and drifters on Hydra, 1955–1964 (Paul Genoni & Tanya Dalziell, Monash University Publishing)
- The Bible in Australia: A cultural history (Meredith Lake, NewSouth)
- Sun Music: New and selected poems (Judith Beveridge, Giramondo)
- His Name Was Walter (Emily Rodda, HarperCollins)
Young adult fiction
- The Things That Will Not Stand (Michael Gerard Bauer, Omnibus).
The winners were chosen from shortlists announced in September.
The winners in each category receive $80,000 and the shortlisted writers receive $5000. All prizes are tax-free.
Winners were announced at a ceremony on 23 October in Canberra. For more information about the awards, see the website.