‘Bridget Crack’ wins 2019 Tasmania Book Prize
The winners of the 2019 Tasmanian Premier’s Literary Prizes have been announced.
The winning works and their authors are:
Tasmania Book Prize for the best book with Tasmanian content in any genre ($25,000)
- Bridget Crack (Rachel Leary, A&U)
- People’s choice: Bridget Crack
Margaret Scott Prize for the best book by a Tasmanian writer ($5000)
- Flames (Robbie Arnott, Text)
- People’s choice: Star-crossed (Minnie Darke, Michael Joseph)
University of Tasmania Prize for the best unpublished literary work by an emerging Tasmanian writer ($5000)
- ‘The Signal Line’ by Brendan Colley
- People’s choice (joint winners): ‘The People’s Park’ by Stephenie Cahalan & ‘The Clinking’ by Susie Greenhill
Tasmanian young writer’s fellowship ($5000)
- Sam George-Allen.