ABR announces Peter Porter Poetry Prize 2020 shortlist
The shortlist for the 2020 Australian Book Review (ABR) Peter Porter Poetry Prize has been announced.
The shortlisted poems are:
- ‘Precision Signs’ (Lachlan Brown)
- ‘That Wadjela Tongue’ (Claire G Coleman)
- ‘My Father’s Thesaurus’ (A Frances Johnson)
- ‘Constellation of Bees’ (Julie Manning)
- ‘South Coast Sonnets’ (Ross Gillett).
This year’s prize attracted 1050 poems, the largest number in the history of the prize.
The overall winner of the $7000 prize will be announced on 16 January in Melbourne, with the other four shortlisted poets to receive $500 each. All shortlisted poems will be published in the January–February issue of ABR. The judges for this year’s prize are John Hawke, Bronwyn Lea and Philip Mead.