ACT Book of the Year 2019 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2019 ACT Book of the Year Award was announced in December.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Made by Humans: The AI Condition (Ellen Broad, MUP)
- Book of Colours (Robyn Cadwallader, HarperCollins)
- One (Andrew Hutchinson, Vintage)
- Things I’ve Thought to Tell You Since I Saw You Last (Penelope Layland, Recent Work Press)
- Wild Sea: A history of the Southern Ocean (Joy McCann, NewSouth)
- Mirror Me (Rachel Sanderson, self-published).
The winner will receive $10,000. Any highly commended book will receive $2000 and each shortlisted book will receive $1000.
The annual ACT Book of the Year Award recognises fiction, nonfiction and poetry by ACT-based authors published in the previous calendar year. For more information about the awards, click here.