Oz publishers heading to Bologna in final year of funding
Twelve independent publishers will take part in the Australian collective stand at this year’s Bologna Children’s Book Fair, which runs from 30 March to 2 April.
The 2020 fair marks the final year of federal arts funding for the collective stand, which has been administered by Allen & Unwin since 2017.
The publishers appearing on the collective stand this year are:
- Maree Coote (Melbournestyle)
- Maryann Ballantyne (Wild Dog Books)
- Carey Schroeter (Allen & Unwin)
- Cristina Pase (Windy Hollow Books)
- Anna Solding (MidnightSun Publishing)
- Leonardo Rocker (Quirky Kid Publishing)
- Davina Bell (Affirm Press)
- Kate McCormack (UQP)
- Alexandra Yatomi-Clarke (Berbay Publishing)
- Lucyna Wawrzyniak (Exisle Publishing)
- Miriam Rosenbloom (Scribble Kids Books)
- Tash Besliev (Five Mile).
The stand will also encompass a ‘creator’s table’ featuring 13 Australian illustrators and authors who will create work over the fours days of the fair. This year’s Hello! from Australia catalogue, featuring titles from 30 publishers, will have an environmental focus, with many books that celebrate Australia’s unique environment and landscapes.