Penguin Literary Prize shortlist 2020 announced
Penguin Random House (PRH) has announced the shortlist for the 2020 Penguin Literary Prize, worth $20,000.
The prize, now in its third year, aims to find and develop new Australian authors of literary fiction and nonfiction.
The shortlisted authors and their works are:
- Morna Seres for ‘Cloud Failure’
- Mick McCoy for ‘Catch a Panther’
- Sophie Overett for ‘The Rabbits’
- Rachel Watts for ‘In the Morning I Rise’
- Katelin Farnsworth for ‘Found Again’
- Hayley Scrivenor for ‘The Push Back’.
The shortlist was chosen from more than 400 submissions, with PRH Australia publishing director Justin Ractliffe saying the prize had a record number of submissions this year.
The winner, who will receive $20,000 and ‘the potential for publication’ with PRH, will be announced on 17 June.