Edgar Allan Poe Awards 2020 winners announced
In the US, the Mystery Writers of America has announced the winners of the 2020 Edgar Allan Poe Awards, which honour ‘the best in mystery fiction, nonfiction and television’ published or produced in 2019.
Among the winners are:
- The Stranger Diaries (Elly Griffiths, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
Best paperback original
- The Hotel Neversink (Adam O’Fallon Price, Tin House Books)
Best fact crime
- The Less People Know About Us: A Mystery of Betrayal, Family Secrets, and Stolen Identity (Axton Betz-Hamilton, Grand Central Publishing)
- Me and Sam-Sam Handle the Apocalypse (Susan Vaught, Paula Wiseman Books)
Best young adult
- Catfishing on CatNet (Naomi Kritzer, Tor Teen).
As previously reported by Books+Publishing, Australian authors Michael Robotham and Kirsten Tranter were shortlisted for the awards, in the best novel and best short story categories respectively.
For more information, and the full list of winners in all 12 categories, visit the Edgar Awards website here.
Category: International news