ANZ authors among IPPY award winners
Books by Australian and New Zealand authors are among the winners of the 2020 Independent Publisher Book Awards (IPPY), which recognise excellence in independent publishing.
The winners in the Australia/New Zealand regional category are:
Best regional fiction:
- Gold: Paradise Earth (Amy Barker, Stormbird Press)
- Silver: Going Home (Carole Brungar, Carole Brungar Publishing)
- Bronze: Chamoru Legends: A gathering of stories (retold by Teresita Lourdes Perez; trans by Maria Ana Tenorio Rivera, University of Guam)
Best regional nonfiction:
- Gold: Australia Modern: 15 Houses in Harmony with the Land (Steve Huyton, Schiffer Publishing)
- Silver: Global Borderlands: Fantasy, violence, and empire in Subic Bay, Philippines (Victoria Reyes, Stanford University Press)
- Bronze: Finding Myself In Borneo: Sojourns in Sabah (Neil McKee, NBFS Creations)
Prizes were also awarded in 86 general, 23 regional and 11 ebook categories.
Established in 1996, the IPPYs are designed to bring increased recognition to the ‘deserving but often unsung’ titles published by independent authors and publishers. For more information, see the website.