ALS Gold Medal 2020 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2020 Australian Literature Society (ALS) Gold Medal has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Element (Jordie Albiston, Puncher & Wattmann)
- Nganajungu Yagu (Charmaine Papertalk Green, Cordite)
- There Was Still Love (Favel Parrett, Hachette)
- Exploded View (Carrie Tiffany, Text)
- The Weekend (Charlotte Wood, A&U).
Established in 1929, the ALS Gold Medal is presented annually by the Association for the Study of Australian Literature (ASAL) for ‘the best contribution to literature in Australia’ in the preceding calendar year. The winner will be announced on Monday, 29 June during an online event featuring a talk by writer Anita Heiss.
Last year’s winner was Pam Brown for her poetry collection click here for what we do (Vagabond).