Lit orgs, writers receive Create NSW funding
A number of literary organisations and writers are among the recipients of the second round of Create NSW’s annual organisation, project and Creative Koori Projects arts funding program, which has allocated a total of $2.7 million to 61 projects.
In the literature category, the recipients are:
- Think+DO Tank Foundation: $75,000 for funding to hire new specialists, for developing and presenting new original multilingual works, and delivering multilingual creative community programming.
- Byron Writers Festival: $50,000 for the festival’s StoryBoard creative writing program
- International Peforming Writers Association: $20,000 for Australian Poetry Slam’s regional NSW tour
- Tanya Vavilova: $7000 for ‘You Were Such a Happy Child’, an essay collection
- Ali Jane Smith: $3000 for ‘We like the lake’, a suite of poems.
The funding round is the second after changes were announced to Create NSW’s funding guidelines and processes in June last year, with the 14 previous individual funding rounds consolidated into two open rounds.
For more information about the latest recipients, click here.
Category: Local news