Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction 2020 shortlist announced
Lip magazine has announced the shortlist for the 2020 Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction.
The shortlisted stories are:
- ‘Plant Life’ by Tanya Vavilova
- ‘Arrow’ by Mia-Francesca McAuslan
- ‘Baby Season’ by Vicky Daddo
- ‘Touch Starve’ by Maude Davey
- ‘Swampy’ by Emily White
- ‘Earth House’ by Hollen Singleton
- ‘here/after’ by Laura McCluskey
- ‘And All Our Yesterdays’ by Elizabeth Flux
- ‘Hazard Lights’ by Zoë Bradley
- ‘Watching’ by Zowie Douglas-Kinghorn
- ‘The Future. Shared. Solo.’ by Kerrin O’Sullivan
- ‘On the Lips of Fish’ by Alison Turnbull.
The prize recognises unpublished and unperformed fiction up to 2000 words, and is open to women, female-identifying and non-binary writers. Now in its eighth year, the award honours of Lip’s late founding editor, Rachel Funari, and her contribution to the arts.
This year’s theme is ‘future’, and the winner will be selected by Lip’s editors along with judges Rae White, Jennifer Down and Eleni Hale.
The winner receives a $1000 cash prize, second place wins $500 and the third place receives $250, with all three winning a 12-month subscription to Kill Your Darlings. The winner and runners-up will be announced at the Emerging Writers’ Festival on 23 June.
For more information, visit the Lip website.