KYD Unpublished Manuscript Award 2020 longlist announced
The longlist for the 2020 Kill Your Darlings (KYD) Unpublished Manuscript Award has been announced.
The longlisted authors and their works are:
- ‘Mood’ by Roz Bellamy (nonfiction)
- ‘Abomination’ by Ashley Goldberg (fiction)
- ‘The Dead Falls’ by Joshua Kemp (fiction)
- ‘End, Kosciuszko’ by Joseph Kerr (fiction)
- ‘My Cities of Refuge’ by Daniel Kraus (nonfiction)
- ‘Mother’ by Yasmin Mobayad (fiction)
- ‘The Lies in Silence’ by Picorelli Pal (fiction)
- ‘The Push Back’ by Hayley Scrivenor (fiction)
- ‘The Curse of Khara Khoto’ by Liana Skrzypczak (fiction)
- ‘Gone From My Sight’ by Jem Tyley-Miller (fiction).
The longlist was chosen from a record 229 entries by a judging panel comprising KYD publishing director Rebecca Starford, Picador publisher Mathilda Imlah and 2019 KYD Unpublished Manuscript Award winner Sam van Zweden. Van Zweden’s winning entry Eating With My Mouth Open was subsequently acquired by NewSouth Books and will be published in February 2021.
The shortlist will be announced on 15 July. For the second year running, each shortlisted writer will receive the week-long KYD/Varuna Copyright Agency Fellowship, while the winner will receive $4000.
For more information about the award, see the KYD website.