Colin Roderick Award 2020 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2020 Colin Roderick Award, administered by the Foundation for Australian Literary Studies at James Cook University, has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Peace (Garry Disher, Text)
- Shepherd (Catherine Jinks, Text)
- The Glad Shout (Alice Robinson, Affirm)
- The Lost Arabs (Omar Sakr, UQP)
- A Universe of Sufficient Size (Miriam Sved, Picador)
- Paper Emperors: The rise of Australia’s newspaper empires (Sally Young, UNSW Press).
The $20,000 award is presented to the author of the title the judges determine is the best book published in Australia in the previous calendar year that deals with ‘any aspect of Australian life’. This year’s shortlist, which was chosen from a longlist announced in June, includes four novels, a work of nonfiction and a collection of poetry.
Last year’s winner was Robert Drewe for The True Colour of the Sea (Hamish Hamilton).
For more information about the award see the website.