NZ Sir Julius Vogel Awards 2020 winners announced
The 2020 winners of the Sir Julius Vogel Awards for New Zealand Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror have been announced
The winners include:
- The Dawnhounds (Sascha Stronach, Little Hook Press)
Best novel—young adult
- The Clockill and the Thief (Gareth Ward, Walker Books Australia)
Best short story
- ‘A Shriek Across The Sky’ (Casey Lucas, Sponge magazine)
- From A Shadow Grave (Andi C Buchanan, Paper Road Press)
Best collected work
- Year’s Best Aotearoa New Zealand Science Fiction and Fantasy, Vol 1 (ed by Marie Hodgkinson, Paper Road Press)
Best professional artwork
- Vivienne To—cover of Dragon Pearl (Yoon Ha Lee, Disney-Hyperion).
Voting for the awards was open to members Science Fiction and Fantasy Association of New Zealand (SFFANZ) and members of CoNZealand, the 78th World Science Fiction Convention.
SFFANZ president John Toon said, ‘It’s always a pleasure and an honour to showcase some of the best contemporary New Zealand science fiction and fantasy, and especially so this year, with the eyes of international fandom on us. On behalf of SFFANZ, hearty congratulations to all this year’s Sir Julius Vogel Award winners and nominees.’
For the full list of awards, visit the CoNZealand website.