Walkley Book Award 2020 longlist announced
The Walkley Book Award longlist for 2020 has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- After the Count (Stephanie Convery, Viking)
- City On Fire (Antony Dapiran, Scribe)
- Hazelwood (Tom Doig, Viking)
- Buckley’s Chance (Garry Linnell, Michael Joseph)
- Body Count (Paddy Manning, S&S)
- We Can’t Say We Didn’t Know (Sophie McNeill, ABC Books)
- Fallen (Lucie Morris-Marr, A&U)
- Penny Wong (Margaret Simons, Black Inc.)
- The Altar Boys (Suzanne Smith, ABC Books).
The shortlist will be announced on 5 November and the winners will be announced on 20 November in a ceremony to be broadcast live on Sky News Extra and streamed on the Walkley website from 7pm AEST.
The Walkley Book Award recognises excellence in Australian nonfiction and long-form journalism. Last year’s winner was Leigh Sales for Any Ordinary Day (Penguin).
To see the full list of Walkley Award finalists, see the website.