Dymocks Book of the Year 2020 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2020 Dymocks Book of the Year has been announced.
The six shortlisted books, as voted by Dymocks booksellers across the country, are:
- All Our Shimmering Skies (Trent Dalton, HarperCollins)
- Honeybee (Craig Silvey, A&U)
- Phosphorescence (Julia Baird, HarperCollins)
- The Bluffs (Kyle Perry, Michael Joseph)
- The Dictionary of Lost Words (Pip Williams, Affirm Press)
- The Happiest Man on Earth (Eddie Jaku, Macmillan).
Dymocks category manager Kate Mayor said this year’s all-Australian shortlist is ‘a true reflection of what we love here at Dymocks—big-hearted Australian stories!’
The inaugural winner of Dymocks Book of the Year in 2018 was Boy Swallows Universe (Trent Dalton, Fourth Estate), while the 2019 winner was Where the Crawdads Sing (Delia Owens, Corsair). This year’s winner will be announced on Tuesday, 1 December.