National Book Award winners announced
In the US, the winners of this year’s National Book Awards have been announced.
The winning titles in each category are:
- Interior Chinatown (Charles Yu, Europa Editions)
- The Dead Are Arising: The Life of Malcolm X (Les Payne & Tamara Payne, Viking)
- DMZ Colony (Don Mee Choi, Wave)
- Tokyo Ueno Station (Yu Miri, trans by Morgan Giles, Tilted Axis Press)
Young people’s literature
- King and the Dragonflies (Kacen Callender, Scholastic).
The winners were chosen from shortlists announced last month.
Two lifetime achievement awards were also awarded: writer Walter Mosley received the National Book Foundation’s Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters, and late Simon & Schuster CEO Carolyn Reidy received the Literarian Award for Outstanding Service to the American Literary Community.
For more information about this year’s awards, see the National Book Foundation website.
Category: International news