Prime Minister’s Literary Awards 2020 winners announced
The winners of the 2020 Prime Minister’s Literary Awards have been announced.
- The Yield (Tara June Winch, Hamish Hamilton)
Nonfiction (joint winners)
- Songspirals: Sharing women’s wisdom of Country through songlines (Gay’wu Group of Women, A&U)
- Sea People: The puzzle of Polynesia (Christina Thompson, HarperCollins)
- Meeting the Waylo: Aboriginal encounters in the Archipelago (Tiffany Shellam, UWA Publishing)
- The Lost Arabs (Omar Sakr, UQP)
- Cooee Mittigar: A story on Darug songlines (Jasmine Seymour, illus by Leanne Mulgo Watson, Magabala)
Young adult literature
- How it Feels to Float (Helena Fox, Pan).
The winners in each category, chosen from shortlists announced in November, receive $80,000 and the shortlisted writers receive $5000. All prizes are tax-free. Winners were announced at a ceremony on 10 December in Canberra. For more information about the awards, see the website.