ABR announces Peter Porter Poetry Prize 2021 shortlist
The shortlist for the 2021 Australian Book Review (ABR) Peter Porter Poetry Prize has been announced.
The shortlisted poems are:
- ‘The Vernal Equinox Story’ by Danielle Blau (USA)
- ‘A Poetics of Fo(u)rgetting’ by Sara M Saleh (NSW)
- ‘bila, a river cycle’ by Jazz Money (NSW)
- ‘before dawn, with the street lamp’s beam across your face’ by Raisa Tolchinsky (USA)
- ‘Would You Rather’ by Y S Lee (Canada).
This year’s prize attracted 1329 poems from 33 different countries, the largest number in the history of the prize.
The overall winner of the prize, which awards a total cash prize $10,000, will be announced on 27 January in an online event. All shortlisted poems will be published in the January–February issue of ABR. The judges for this year’s prize are John Hawke, Lachlan Brown, A Frances Johnson and John Kinsella.