National Book Critics Circle Awards winners announced
In the US, the winners of the 2020 National Book Critics Circle (NBCC) Awards have been announced.
The winners include:
- Hamnet (Maggie O’Farrell, Tinder Press)
- Island on Fire: The revolt that ended slavery in the British Empire (Tom Zoellner, Harvard University Press)
- Minor Feelings: A reckoning on race and the Asian condition (Cathy Park Hong, Profile)
- Stranger in the Shogun’s City: A woman’s life in nineteenth-century Japan (Amy Stanley, Chatto & Windus)
- Marking Time: Art in the age of mass incarceration (Nicole Fleetwood, Harvard University Press)
- Here is the Sweet Hand (francine j. harris, FSG).
The winners were announced at a virtual ceremony on 25 March. For more information, and to see the full list of winners, visit the NBCC website.