ABA 2021 Bookseller of the Year shortlists announced
The Australian Booksellers Association (ABA) has announced the shortlists for the 2021 ABA Bookseller of the Year awards.
The awards recognise an individual bookseller for their outstanding achievement in the past 12 months. The young bookseller of the year award, worth $1000, ‘recognises and rewards the excellence of a bookseller 35 or under and promotes bookselling as a career choice for young people’.
The 2021 shortlisted booksellers in each category are:
Bookseller of the Year
- Andree Magnusson, Language International Bookshop
- Christine Gordon, Readings
- Kate Frawley, The Sun Bookshop
- Kathryn Henry, Harry Hartog Woden and Harry Hartog ANU
- Melanie Peacock, Constant Reader Bookshop
- Michael Earp, The Little Bookroom
Young Bookseller of the Year
- Robert Albazi, Paperback Bookshop
- Eleni James, Neighbourhood Books
- Genevieve Kruyssen, Where the Wild Things Are
- Claire Leyton, Paperchain Bookshop
- Hannah Lynch, Bouquiniste Book Cafe Kiama
- Steph Parkin, Harry Hartog Narellan.
The winners will be announced on Sunday, 20 June at the 2021 ABA conference in Melbourne, along with the winners of the Booksellers’ Choice awards. Last year Readings Carlton buyer Alison Huber was named Bookseller of the Year, and Simon McDonald from Sydney’s Potts Point Bookshop Young Bookseller of the Year.
Category: Local news