ABA 2021 Booksellers’ Choice winners announced
The winners of the Australian Booksellers Association’s (ABA) 2021 Booksellers’ Choice Book of the Year Awards have been announced.
The winning titles in each category are:
Adult Fiction Book of the Year
- The Dictionary of Lost Words (Pip Williams, Affirm)
Adult Nonfiction Book of the Year
- Phosphorescence (Julia Baird, Fourth Estate)
Children’s Book of the Year
- The Grandest Bookshop in the World (Amelia Mellor, Affirm)
Bookseller of the Year
- Michael Earp, The Little Bookroom
Young Bookseller of the Year
- Genevieve Kruyssen, Where the Wild Things Are.
The Booksellers’ Choice 2021 Book of the Year Awards recognise the titles that booksellers most enjoyed reading and hand-selling during 2020. The winners of the book awards and the bookseller of the year awards were chosen from shortlists announced in May.
The winners were announced on Sunday, 20 June at the ABA annual conference, which was streamed via YouTube. The conference continues online until Tuesday, 22 June.