ACT Book of the Year 2020 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2020 ACT Book of the Year Award has been announced.
The shortlisted books are:
- Acting Like a Girl (Sandra Renew, Recent Work Press)
- Bodies of Men (Nigel Featherstone, Hachette)
- Ghost Bird (Lisa Fuller, UQP)
- In Whom We Trust (John Clanchy, Finlay Lloyd)
- The Enchantment of the Long-haired Rat (Tim Bonyhady, Text).
The winner receives $10,000, while any highly commended book receives $2000 and each shortlisted book receives $1000. Judging of the 2020 ACT Book of the Year Award, which has typically been announced in December, was delayed due to Covid-19.
The annual ACT Book of the Year Award recognises fiction, nonfiction and poetry by ACT-based authors published in the previous calendar year. The winner will be announced in late July 2021.
The winner of the 2019 award was Robyn Cadwallader’s novel Book of Colours (HarperCollins).