Mary Gilmore Award 2021 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2021 Mary Gilmore Award, for the best first book of poetry published in the previous year, has been announced.
The shortlisted books are:
- Cadaver Dog (Luke Best, UQP)
- Hotel Universo Chris Brown, (Puncher & Wattmann)
- Dead Bolt (Ella Jeffery, Puncher & Wattmann)
- Breathing Plural (Em König, Cordite)
- Turbulence (Thuy On, UWAP).
The Mary Gilmore Award is present annually by the Association for the Study of Australian Literature (ASAL). More information about the award can be found on the ASAL website.