Educational Publishing Awards Australia 2021 shortlists announced
The titles shortlisted for the 2021 Educational Publishing Awards Australia (EPAA) have been announced.
Among the finalists are books shortlisted for the primary level educational picture or chapter book, and the tertiary level scholarly nonfiction book of the year award:
Educational picture or chapter book
- Be Your Own Man (Jessica Sanders, Five Mile)
- Dry to Dry (Pamela Freeman & Liz Anelli, Walker)
- Give Me Some Space! (Philip Bunting, Omnibus Books)
- Human Kind Series: Persistence (Zanni Louise & Missy Turner, Five Mile)
- Pandemic (Jackie French & Bruce Whatley, Scholastic)
- Small Friends Books (Alisa Wild, Aviva Reed, Briony Barr, Gregory Crocetti et al, Scale Free Network & CSIRO Publishing)
Scholarly nonfiction book of the year
- China’s Grand Strategy and Australia’s Future in the New Global Order (Geoff Raby, Melbourne University Publishing)
- Goodna Girls: A history of children in a Queensland mental asylum (Adele Chynoweth, ANU Press)
- Pride in Defence: The Australian military and LGBTI service since 1945 (Noah Riseman, Shirleene Robinson, Melbourne University Publishing)
- Truth-Telling: History, sovereignty and the Uluru Statement (Henry Reynolds, NewSouth).
To see the full shortlists across the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors, see the awards website here. The winners, including the publisher of the year, will be announced during a live broadcast on 9 September.