Davitt Awards winners announced
Sisters in Crime Australia has announced the winners of the 2021 Davitt Awards for the best crime books by Australian women.
The winners in each category are:
Adult crime novel
- The Good Sister (Sally Hepworth, Macmillan)
Young adult crime novel
- Where We Begin (Christie Nieman, Pan)
Children’s crime novel
- A Clue for Clara (Lian Tanner, A&U)
Nonfiction crime book
- Witness: An investigation into the brutal cost of seeking justice (Louise Milligan, Hachette)
Debut crime book
- Sheerwater (Leah Swann, Fourth Estate)
- The Shifting Landscape (Katherine Kovacic, Echo).
The winners of 21st Davitt Awards, chosen from shortlists revealed in July, were announced in an online presentation hosted by author Debra Oswald on Saturday, 28 August.
For more information, see the Sisters in Crime website.