Voss Literary Prize 2021 longlist announced
The longlist for the 2021 Voss Literary Prize, awarded to the best novel published in Australia in the previous year, has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- The Rain Heron (Robbie Arnott, Text)
- All Our Shimmering Skies (Trent Dalton, Fourth Estate)
- A Room Made of Leaves (Kate Grenville, Text)
- The Octopus and I (Erin Hortle, A&U)
- Benevolence (Julie Janson, Magabala)
- Our Shadows (Gail Jones, Text)
- The Labyrinth (Amanda Lohrey, Text)
- The Coconut Children (Vivian Pham, Penguin)
- Stone Sky Gold Mountain (Mirandi Riwoe, UQP)
- Song of the Crocodile (Nardi Simpson, Hachette).
The winner of the award receives $5000.
Established in 2014, the Voss Literary Prize is dedicated to the memory of historian Vivian Robert Le Vaux Voss and managed by the Australian University Heads of English, the peak body for the study of English at Australian universities. This year’s judges are Elaine Lindsay, Christian Bok, Rosalind Smith, Anthony Uhlmann and Ann Vickery.
The winner of the 2020 prize was Tara June Winch for The Yield (Hamish Hamilton). For more information, visit the Voss Literary Prize website.