Giller Prize 2021 shortlist announced
In Canada, the shortlist for the C$100,000 (A$109,250) 2021 Giller Prize for the best Canadian fiction published in English has been announced.
The shortlisted novels are:
- What Strange Paradise (Omar El Akkad, Picador)
- Glorious Frazzled Beings (Angélique Lalonde, House of Anansi)
- The Son of The House (Cheluchi Onyemelukwe-Onuobia, Europa Editions)
- The Listeners (Jordan Tannahill, Fourth Estate)
- Fight Night (Miriam Toews, Bloomsbury).
Now in its 28th year, the Giller Prize is the richest literary prize in Canada, with each finalist receiving C$10,000 (A$10,925). The winner will be announced at a gala ceremony on 8 November, which will be broadcast live in Canada on CBC.
For more information about the prize, visit the website.
Category: International news