Goldsmiths Prize 2021 shortlist announced
In the UK, the shortlist for the 2021 Goldsmiths Prize, worth £10,000 (A$18,700), has been announced.
The shortlisted novels are:
- Checkout 19 (Claire-Louise Bennett, Jonathan Cape)
- Assembly (Natasha Brown, Hamish Hamilton)
- A Shock (Keith Ridgway, Picador)
- This One Sky Day (Leone Ross, Faber)
- Sterling Karat Gold (Isabel Waidner, Peninsula Press)
- little scratch (Rebecca Watson, Faber).
Established in 2013 by Goldsmiths University of London, the prize rewards fiction that ‘breaks the mould or extends the possibilities of the novel form’ and ’embodies the spirit of invention that characterises the genre at its best’.
The winner of the 2021 Goldsmiths Prize will be announced on 10 November. For more information, see the prize website.
Category: International news