Voss Literary Prize 2021 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the 2021 Voss Literary Prize has been announced.
The shortlisted works, chosen from a longlist of 10, are:
- The Rain Heron (Robbie Arnott, Text)
- Our Shadows (Gail Jones, Text)
- The Labyrinth (Amanda Lohrey, Text)
- The Coconut Children (Vivian Pham, Penguin)
- Song of the Crocodile (Nardi Simpson, Hachette).
The winner of the award receives $5000.
Established in 2014, the Voss Literary Prize is dedicated to the memory of historian Vivian Robert Le Vaux Voss and managed by the Australian University Heads of English, the peak body for the study of English at Australian universities. This year’s judges are Elaine Lindsay, Christian Bok, Rosalind Smith, Anthony Uhlmann and Ann Vickery.
The winner of the 2020 prize was Tara June Winch for The Yield (Penguin). For more information, visit the Voss Literary Prize website.