Moriarty, Dalton top Australian fiction, nonfiction charts YTD
Trent Dalton, whose 2018 debut Boy Swallows Universe remains in the top 10 Australian fiction bestsellers over three years after its publication, is at the top of Australian nonfiction charts for the year to date with his collection Love Stories, released in October last year.
Love Stories is closely followed in the Australian nonfiction chart by Edie Jaku’s memoir The Happiest Man on Earth—2021’s overall top-selling nonfiction title for the year.
In Australian fiction, Liane Moriarty’s Apples Never Fall, released in September 2021, is well ahead of all competition, having sold more than double the number of copies sold by the next best-selling Australian novel for the year to date, Hannah Kent’s Devotion.
Top 10 Australian fiction bestsellers YTD
- Apples Never Fall (Liane Moriarty, Macmillan) 27,265
- Devotion (Hannah Kent, Picador) 12,760
- Three Sisters (Heather Morris, Echo) 10,145
- Boy Swallows Universe (Trent Dalton, HarperCollins) 9735
- The Dictionary of Lost Words (Pip Williams, Affirm) 9655
- Love & Virtue (Diana Reid, Ultimo) 7850
- The Spy’s Wife (Fiona McIntosh, Michael Joseph) 7450
- Treasure and Dirt (Chris Hammer, A&U) 7320
- The Younger Wife (Sally Hepworth, Macmillan) 7020
- The Cane (Maryrose Cuskelly, A&U) 6885
Top 10 Australian nonfiction bestsellers YTD
- Love Stories (Trent Dalton, HarperCollins) 26,295
- The Happiest Man on Earth (Eddie Jaku, Macmillan) 23,700
- The 10:10 Diet (Sarah Di Lorenzo, S&S) 22,135
- The Barefoot Investor (Scott Pape, Wiley) 15,625
- She’s on the Money (Victoria Devine, Penguin Life) 9505
- Let Go (Hugh van Cuylenburg, Penguin Life) 9155
- The Resilience Project (Hugh van Cuylenburg, Penguin Life) 8170
- One Pan Perfect (Donna Hay, HarperCollins) 6065
- Three Birds Renovations: Dream home how-to (Bonnie Hindmarsh, Erin Cayless & Lana Taylor, Murdoch Books) 5780
- CSIRO Low-Carb Diabetes Every Day (Grant Brinkworth & Penny Taylor, Macmillan) 5495
© Nielsen BookScan 2022. Period covered: 2 January 2022 to week ending 19 March 2022. Data supplied by Nielsen BookScan’s book sales monitoring system from 1000 retailers nationwide.
Category: Think Australian newsletter Bestsellers