Dylan Thomas Prize 2022 shortlist announced
The shortlist for the £30,000 (A$52,500) International Dylan Thomas Prize has been announced.
The shortlisted books are:
- No One is Talking About This (Patricia Lockwood, Bloomsbury)
- Open Water (Caleb Azumah Nelson, Viking)
- Filthy Animals (Brandon Taylor, Daunt Books)
- A Passage North (Anuk Arudpragasam, Granta)
- Auguries of a Minor God (Nidhi Zak/Aria Eipe, Faber)
- The Sweetness of Water (Nathan Harris, Tinder Press).
The shortlist, which includes four novels, one poetry collection and one short story collection, was chosen from a longlist of 12 announced in January. The winner will be announced on 12 May.
American writer Raven Leilani won the 2021 prize for her debut novel Luster (Picador).
Established in 2006 and administered by Swansea University, the Dylan Thomas Prize is awarded to the best literary work in English by a writer aged 39 or under. For more information about this year’s shortlist, see the Swansea University website.
Category: International news