George Robertson Award 2022 winners announced
The Australian Publishers Association (APA) has announced the winners of the 2022 George Robertson Award, which recognises long and distinguished service to the publishing industry.
The 2022 recipients are:
- Pam Brewster (publisher, Hardie Grant Books)
- Tracey Cheetham (publicity and marketing director, Pan Macmillan)
- Leanne Cramond (sales representative, Pan Macmillan)
- Sally Devenish (production manager, Pan Macmillan)
- Clive Jackson (account manager—South Australia, Penguin Random House)
- Karen Reid (launch director, Penguin Random House)
- Denise Ryan (director and publisher, Denise Ryan and Associates)
- Erica Wagner (consulting publisher, freelance—formerly Allen & Unwin).
A special recognition on retirement after 21 years was also made to Alliance Distribution Services distribution director Phill Knight.
Recipients of the George Robertson Award must have spent more than 30 years in the publishing industry, and are nominated by a present or past employer who is a current APA member.
The recipients of the 2021 award were:
- Julie Donaldson (publishing manager, Art Gallery of NSW)
- Kirsty Morrison (senior designer, National Gallery of Australia)
- Greg Browne (executive director, Matilda Education Australia)
- Mark Haldane (product and operations manager, Thames & Hudson)
- Michael Bollen (publisher and director, Wakefield Press)
- Michael Deves (typesetter and editor, Wakefield Press)
- Trevor Klein (sales representative, Wakefield Press)
- Liz Nicholson (designer, Wakefield Press)
- Lisa Berryman (publisher, children’s and young adult books, HarperCollins)
- Guy Bensaul (head of business development, HarperCollins)
- Erin Dunk (local sales and marketing manager—QLD, HarperCollins)
- Kerry Armstrong (divisional sales manager, HarperCollins)
- Christine Farmer (senior publicity manager, Allen & Unwin)
- Jane O’Donnell (editorial and publishing director, Cambridge University Press)
- Irene Verrocchi (operations director, Cambridge University Press).
For more information about the George Robertson Award and its recipients, visit the APA website.