‘Love & Virtue’ wins Booksellers’ Choice adult fiction book of the year 2022
The Australian Booksellers Association (ABA) has announced the winners of its annual book and bookseller of the year awards.
The winners in each category are:
- Love & Virtue (Diana Reid, Ultimo)
- Love Stories (Trent Dalton, Fourth Estate)
- Rabbit, Soldier, Angel, Thief (Katrina Nannestad, ABC Books)
Bookseller of the year
- Melanie Peacock, Constant Reader (Crows Nest, NSW)
Young bookseller of the year
- Kimaya Charlton, Where the Wild Things Are (West End, Qld)
Children’s bookseller of the year
- Becky Lucas, Shakespeare’s Bookshop (Blackwood, SA).
Chosen from shortlists announced in April, the winners of the Booksellers’ Choice Book of the Year Awards recognise the titles that booksellers most enjoyed reading and hand-selling during the previous year. Adult fiction category winner Love & Virtue was also recently named Book of the Year at the 2022 Australian Book Industry Awards.
The bookseller awards recognise an individual bookseller for their outstanding achievement in the past 12 months, with the young bookseller of the year award rewarding a bookseller 35 or under. The 2022 winners were chosen from shortlists announced in May, which this year featured the addition of a new children’s bookseller category. The winning bookseller in each category receives $1000.
The awards were announced at a gala dinner held as part of the 2022 ABA conference in Sydney on Sunday, 12 June.