‘Books at MIFF’ shortlist announced
The shortlist of titles chosen for this year’s ‘Books at MIFF’ session at the Melbourne International Film Festival has been announced.
The seven titles were selected from 66 submissions with available film rights. In all, 18 publishers and literary agents submitted titles, and those with books that made the shortlist will publicly pitch these titles to producers at the Books at MIFF session for their consideration as potential films.
The shortlisted titles are:
- All That We Remember (Zoe Adams, HarperCollins)
- The Happiness Show (Catherine Deveny, Black Inc., yet to be published) (Read review here)
- Hanging Devils (He Jiahong, Penguin, yet to be published)
- Lola’s Secret (Monica McInerney, Penguin, submitted by Curtis Brown)
- The Low Road (Chris Womersley, Scribe).
- The Good, the Bad & the Unlikely (Mungo Maccallum, Black Inc.)
- Tamam Shud Case (Kerry Greenwood, NewSouth Publishing, yet to be published).
The titles were chosen by a reading panel of film industry professionals. Organisers said the submissions represented a ‘diverse line-up of titles, which were exceptionally strong this year’.
The 37ºSouth Books at MIFF session will take place on 2 August.
Category: Local news