Prize Manager, The Stella Prize, Melbourne
The Stella Prize team is looking for a highly organised, energetic and passionate Prize Manager.
- Casual position two days per week from Oct 2012 until end of May 2013.
- Some overtime and work outside of normal business hours will be essential during peak times.
- Salary: $60,000 pro rata
The Stella Prize is Australia’s first major literary prize for women’s writing. It aims to encourage, promote and celebrate women writers in Australia. The Stella Prize will in turn encourage a future generation of women writers, and significantly increase the readership for books by women.
This is a pivotal role responsible for managing the administration of the establishment of the Stella Prize. You will work closely with the Chair of The Stella Prize to deliver the inaugural Stella Prize. The ideal candidate will be extremely well organised, and possess strong administrative skills alongside excellent communication and research skills.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinating the entry and judging process for the inaugural prize including contacting publishers, responding to general public enquiries, liaising with judges and authors, processing payments, organising couriers, and data entry
- Setting up and attending Board meetings; taking minutes and assisting with the extensive follow-up required after each meeting
- Preparation of marketing and publicity materials including press releases
- Largely responsible for regular social media updates; keeping the website updated and liaising with the website developer
- Managing correspondence
- Events management with assistance from the Board
- Maintaining office systems to ensure the smooth delivery of the prize
- Assisting the sponsorship subcommittee with their work
- Answering and/or passing on media enquiries to relevant members of the Board.
- Managing – with the financial subcommittee – the prize’s financial records
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent project coordination skills
- Exemplary organisational skills and attention to detail to ensure that large amounts of information are managed effectively
- Ability to work within budgets
- Highly developed administrative skills and a systematic approach including computer literacy in Word and Excel, and computer databases
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines, with the ability to prioritise workload and seek clarification and assistance when necessary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please send a short (2-page max) CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com.
Applications close: Wednesday 26 September.