Assistant editor (full-time), Books+Publishing, Melbourne
Books+Publishing is looking for an assistant editor to join its publishing team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the editor-in-chief and news editor. His or her responsibilities will include:
- Researching, writing and editing news stories about the book trade for the Weekly Book Newsletter and Books+Publishing Daily newsletter.
- Researching, writing and editing feature stories and other content for Books+Publishing magazine and online.
- Monitoring book industry news via industry newsletters, press releases, Twitter, Facebook and other sources.
- Promoting Books+Publishing content via Twitter and Facebook.
- Attending book industry events, including some after hours events, in order to report on them for Books+Publishing.
The successful candidate will have strong writing and editing skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. Interested applicants should note that much of the news and feature writing is related to the business side of publishing and bookselling and therefore that experience in journalism or a trade/industry publication will be an advantage.
To apply, send a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26 May.