‘Financial Times’ 2017 Business Book of the Year shortlist announced
In the UK, the shortlist for the £30,000 (A$50,655) Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award has been announced.
This year’s six shortlisted titles are:
- The One Device (Brian Merchant, Bantam)
- Reset (Ellen Pao, Random House)
- The Spider Network (David Enrich, Ebury)
- Janesville (Amy Goldstein, S&S)
- Adaptive Markets (Andrew Lo, Princeton University Press)
- The Great Leveler (Walter Scheidel, Princeton University Press)
The titles were chosen from a longlist of 17, with judging of the shortlist taken to a vote for the first time in the award’s 12-year history, after judges were split on the final selection.
The winner will be announced on 6 November, with the other shortlisted authors to each receive £10,000 (A$16,885). Also announced at the event will be the winner of the 2017 Bracken Bower Prize for the best business book proposal by a writer under 35.
For more information about the award, visit the Financial Times website here.